COVID Photo Days
- Will my child be photographed wearing a mask?
- Edge is coming to my school to do “essential photography only” – what does that mean?
- If my school is only doing essential photography and my child isn’t a new student, will we have a school photo this year?
- How will Edge be ensuring safety on photo day?
- Why are we being directed to order online this year?
- I’m unable to order online. Can I still place my order using a paper order form?
- My photos were going to be shipped to the school but my school closed before I received the package. Now what?
- How do I sign my child up for retakes?
- If I like my child’s original photos better than their retake photos, can I still order the originals?
- What are my options for ordering?
- What if one of my family members wants to order their own package?
- Can I order on my iPad or mobile device?
- What is the symbol Ø in my portrait code and pass code?
- I’ve lost my portrait code and pass code; how can I log in online?
- When is my photo day?
- How do I qualify for the online order bonus?
- How do I download my high-resolution digital photo(s)?
- Why do I need to submit my payment before seeing any proofs?
- Can I order after the due date or from previous years?
- What is Edge’s family plan?
- Is the family plan available online?
- I received the wrong package or pose; what should I do?
- Which payment methods do you accept?
- Do the package prices on my order form include taxes?
- My child had retakes done; how do I view and order their photos online?
- What is the difference between standard and premium retouching?
- Will my retouched image be used in my school’s yearbook?
- Can I get retouching done on my photos after I’ve already received my package?
- Will my child receive a group photo this year?
- Why wasn’t my class photo included in my package?
- Are group photos complimentary?
- If my child missed photo day, will they still receive a class group photo?
- Can I purchase a digital version of my child’s group photo?
- Where can I find the option to order my child’s digital group photo?
- Why a digital group photo?
- What if I don’t want my child’s photo to be distributed/shared?
- Why don’t I have the option to order my child’s group photo online?
- How do I sign up for my grad photos?
- How can I pay my sitting fee if I didn’t pay online?
- What is included in my sitting fee?
- What should I wear for grad photos?
- Will you be using disposable gowns during COVID?
- When will I receive my codes to order photos?
- How do I add retouching?
- How do I book an appointment for retakes?
- How do you calculate shipping fees?
- Do you offer free shipping?
- Can I have my child’s photos shipped to the school after the due date?
- If I select “Ship to School”, how long will it take until I receive my order?
- I live in the Burlington area. Can I pick up my package from your office?
COVID Photo Days
Will my child be photographed wearing a mask?
Our procedures allow students to remove their mask while being photographed.
However, some boards/schools may have different rules and require students to keep their masks on during their photo session. Please refer to the communications sent by your school for more information.
Edge is coming to my school to do “essential photography only” – what does that mean?
At this time, some schools have chosen to only have photos of new students be taken for administrative and security purposes, with the intent to photograph all returning students at a later date. Understanding who students are makes attendance tracking easy and accurate at the outset of school, and providing staff clear identification ensures students find help quickly while making it easy for admin to identify and dismiss unpermitted visitors.
If my school is only doing essential photography and my child isn’t a new student, will we have a school photo this year?
We hope so! As long as the situation with COVID remains stable, your school may opt to have us back to photograph the rest of the students later in the year. We will be in touch with you through your school if this is the case.
How will Edge be ensuring safety on photo day?
We’ve implemented a new photography set-up and new procedures to ensure social distance compliance:
- Photographers are educated and tested
- Edge staff supplied with PPE/instructed how to properly wear it
- Wayfinding signage in use to instruct staff and students where to walk
- We’ve eliminated our pre-pay program so students no longer hand order forms to photographers at the camera; instead parents can purchase photos after photo day, online
Why are we being directed to order online this year?
By ordering online, we are reducing the number of touchpoints of physical items going through the school, therefore reducing the likelihood of spreading COVID. The online ordering site also ensures a faster turnaround on your order; paper order forms will have to be held for at least 48 hours after receiving them before we’re able to touch them, per our COVID safety protocols.
I’m unable to order online. Can I still place my order using a paper order form?
Yes. Contact your school to let them know you require a paper form; they will be able to provide one for you! Please keep your photo proof as you will need to include it in the envelope with your order form.
My photos were going to be shipped to the school but my school closed before I received the package. Now what?
Don’t worry – you’ll still receive your photo package! If your school has closed, we’ll hold off on printing your order until the school reopens. At that time, all ship-to-school orders will be printed and delivered to the office.
How can I sign my child up for retakes?
Simply download our permission form, fill it out, and have your child bring it to school on retake day. They’ll need to show it to their teachers to be able to leave class for their retake.
Please note that, due to the ever-changing situation around COVID, some schools may ask you to send in an email request versus a physical form; and some schools may not be hosting retake days this year. Visit edgeimaging.ca/photoday to see whether we’ll be at your school for retakes.
If I like my child’s original photos better than their retake photos, can I still order the originals?
Absolutely! You’ll be able to choose from the photos taken on your child’s original photo day or their retake session.
What are my options for ordering?
- Take advantage of our mobile-friendly online ordering site. You’ll even receive special perks like extra products to choose from and special pricing!
- Request a paper order form from your school, fill it out, and return it to the office before the due date. Please note that, due to our COVID safety protocols for handling physical order forms, there may be a delay in processing your order.
- Place your order over the phone with one of our customer care members. Simply give us a call at 1-888-416-3343. We’re happy to help!
Can I share my child’s online codes with another family member so that they may order their own package?
Please contact us with your child’s job code and subject ID if you have a friend or family member who would like to purchase their own set of photos, and we will set them up with their own login codes. This is to prevent address mix-ups, and ensure that each photo package arrives at the correct home.
Can I order on my iPad or mobile device?
Yes! We’ve completely redesigned our online ordering site to have mobile-first functionality. It’s easy, convenient, and secure to order on any device.
What is the symbol Ø in my portrait code and pass code?
The symbol “Ø” in your portrait and pass code denotes the number zero.
I’ve lost my portrait code and pass code; how can I log in online to order?
As a security precaution, your portrait code and pass code are required to view your child’s photos online. If you’ve misplaced this information, please send us an email with your child’s full name, school name, city/town, and student ID number. Your school can provide the student number if you don’t know what it is.
When is my photo day?
Visit photoday.edgeimaging.ca and start typing your school name to find out when your original and retake photo dates are. We encourage you to sign up for email reminders and notifications so that you’re never left behind.
How do I qualify for the online order bonus?
No bonus code is required. If you’ve spent more than $32 per student, your bonus product(s) will automatically be added to your cart and arrive with your photo package.
How do I download my high-resolution digital photo?
Each purchased photo, digital or printed, goes through our exclusive EdgeEffect™ process, ensuring every portrait we deliver has exceptional, vibrant colour. Your code and the instructions on how to download your digital photo(s) will arrive by email once all the orders from your school have been processed and printed (fall or junior milestone photo orders only). This code will allow you to download the digital version of all your photos.
Can I order photos after the due date or from previous years?
Yes! What sets us apart from the competition is our ability to securely archive students’ photos. To order this year’s photos after the due date, order online at edgeimaging.ca/order and select the “ship to home” option. To order from previous years, give our customer care team a call at 1-866-707-3343.
What is Edge’s family plan?
If you have 3 or more children in the same immediate family, living at the same address, in schools that are photographed by Edge, you only pay the full price for the first two children. Additional children’s photos are no charge. All your packages must be of the same value and taken within the same school year. You must complete an envelope for each child. The family plan applies to elementary and high school fall school day programs only. Discounts cannot be applied to orders made in previous years; all three (or more) sets of photos must be ordered all together or within the same school year. You must complete the paper order forms or call our customer care team at 1-888-416-3343 to qualify.
Is the family plan available online?
No. Our family plan is only available when ordering over the phone or through the paper order forms.
I received the wrong package or pose; what should I do?
For order discrepancies, please contact a customer care representative at 1-866-707-3343. We will have the corrected package reprinted and shipped to your home or school as soon as possible.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit, money orders, and cheques. If you pay in cash, please send the exact amount for your order, as we are unable to provide change. We do not accept post-dated cheques. Returned cheques, post-dated cheques and declined credit cards are subject to a $30 fee.
Do the package prices on my order form include taxes?
Taxes are no longer included on any of our order forms. It is up to the parent or student placing the order to calculate and include the correct amount of tax with payment through paper order forms. Tax will be automatically added to online purchases.
My child had retakes done; how do I view and order their photos online?
For ease of ordering, students’ retake photos will be available online using the same portrait and pass codes that you used to access their original photos. In some cases, you may need to clear your browser history in order to be able to see the retake photos.
What is the difference between standard and premium retouching?
Standard retouching helps to remove blemishes on your portrait. Premium retouching helps to removed blemishes as well as whitens teeth, removes shadows under the eyes and even food from a morning snack. For additional retouching please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Care representative at 1-866-707-3343 for a quote.
Will my retouched image be used in my school’s yearbook?
We do our best to include your retouched photo in your yearbook. Your retouched image will be used if your package and retouching have been ordered before we send the yearbook photos on to production. For more information, please call our customer care team at 1-866-707-3343.
Can I get retouching done on my photos after I’ve already received my package?
You will have to return your complete photo package back to us after consulting with a member of our customer care team. Although we will reprint your photo package at no cost to you, you will be charged the retouching fee, as well as a shipping & handling fee.
Will my child receive a group photo this year?
Maybe. With the need for social distancing this fall, group photos will vary from school to school. Your school may have opted for an alternative group photo product for students or booked us to come back in the spring to take a group picture at that time.
Why wasn’t my class photo included in my package?
We send group photos separately from individual photo orders. Class photos will be distributed by the teacher to each student in the class.
Are group photos complimentary?
The cost of group photos varies by school. If your school has typically received complimentary group photos in past years, we will continue to provide a printed group photo free of charge.
If my child missed photo day, will they still receive a class group photo?
This varies by school. If your school typically receives a complimentary printed group photo, one will be provided for each student in the class, regardless of whether they are in the picture.
Can I purchase a digital version of my group photo?
Yes, you can! You may order a digital download of your child’s class group photo online at edgeimaging.ca/order. Digital group photos are available for purchase as a standalone item, as an add-on, or as part of our Ultimate Digital package, which also includes a digital version of your child’s individual headshot.
Where can I find the option to order my child’s digital group photo?
You can order the digital group photo online at edgeimaging.ca/order, under the “digital” tab. Please note that for the privacy of the students featured in the image, you won’t see a preview of your child’s class photo, but a sample class photo instead.
Why a digital group photo?
While our customers still enjoy the complimentary print of the class group photo, we heard from many parents that they would love the opportunity to purchase a digital copy of the group photo. As with all digital photos, parents like having the option of securely and digitally archiving these milestones.
What if I don’t want my child’s photo to be distributed/shared?
No problem! If you prefer your child’s picture not be distributed (in a group or individual photo), your child should NOT be photographed on photo day (in group or individual). Inform your child’s school of your preference so they can ensure your child does not have their photo taken.
Why don’t I have the option to order my child’s group photo online?
There are a number of reasons you may be unable to order your child’s group photo online. It may be due to any of the following:
- Your child’s school does not take group photos.
- Your child was not present on the day the group photo was taken.
- Your child’s class group photo has not been taken yet. Photo day may not have happened yet, or your school prefers to have group photos taken on retake day. Find out when your child’s photo day is at photoday.edgeimaging.ca.
How do I sign up for my grad photos?
There are two ways to sign up for your graduation portraits. Your school may have sign-up sheets in the office, or you may be able to book grad appointments online at www.bookmygrad.ca with your school code. A flyer will be available to provide you with detailed program information. We encourage students to book their appointments early as spaces fill up very quickly.
How can I pay my sitting fee if I didn’t pay online?
You may either call our customer care team at 905-631-3114 to pay with a credit card or pay the photographer directly with the exact amount in cash or a cheque payable to Edge Imaging.
What is included in my sitting fee?
The fee paid at the camera covers the cost of your photo session, props provided by Edge, and your premium proof booklet. Depending on your school, the sitting fee may also include an 11×14 graduation class composite with the school name embossed on a vinyl folder. If you are receiving a composite, it will be delivered to the school before the end of your school year. Your sitting fee does not cover the cost of any printed photos.
What should I wear for grad photos?
We recommend wearing a white collared shirt, with a tie if you’d like. Your session may also include casual shots – check your appointment notice or school office for details. For more information on what to expect from your graduation photo session, watch this video.
Will you be using disposable gowns during COVID?
No, however, we are taking special measures with gowns during the pandemic.
As always, Edge Imaging takes measures to ensure the safety of students being photographed. In addition to our well-trained staff and a clean environment, we are following the same protocol as the Retail Council of Canada with regards to gowns. Each gown is used by one student and staged for a minimum of 24 hours before it is reused. Gowns are optional; students may be photographed without a gown – we suggest a white collared shirt and a solid-coloured tie for a traditional look, or wear something that shows your personality – it’s up to you!
When will I receive my codes to order photos?
An email will be sent to you after retouching is complete, approximately 3-4 weeks after your photo session. This email will include the portrait code and pass code you require to order online. You will also receive a hard copy proof booklet in the mail.
How do I add retouching?
Each high school or university graduation portrait you order from Edge Imaging is manually retouched by a professional retouching artist. Premium retouching of facial blemishes is included at no additional charge. Advanced retouching is available for braces, etc. Please contact us for details and pricing at 1-888-416-3343.
How do I book an appointment for retakes?
If a retake is scheduled at your school, you will have to book your appointment at your school or online at www.bookmygrad.ca as our customer care department does not have a schedule.
If your school does not have a grad retake day or you have missed grad retake day, Edge offers studio retake days on Saturdays from January to May. Please call us at 1-866-707-3343 to book your appointment. Please note that we are unable to control whether it is your retake or original photo which appears on the class composite or yearbook.
How do you determine shipping fees?
Photo orders with standard shipping selected are shipped through Canada Post. They are the ones who determine the cost of shipping to your home from our lab in Burlington, Ontario.
Do you offer free shipping?
At this time, free shipping is offered only on ship-to-school orders. Keep an eye on your inbox, though, as we may send out limited-time special offers on free shipping from time to time.
Can I have my child’s photos shipped to the school after the due date?
No. If you are placing an order for school photos after the due date listed on your proofs, you must have them shipped to your home.
If I select “Ship to School”, how long will it take until I receive my order?
Shipping your photo order for free to the school may take as long as 7-8 weeks from the day you place your order. This is because we don’t start printing photos until all order forms have been collected, after the due date.
I live in the Burlington area. Can I pick up my package from your office?
Yes. Please call our customer care team at 1-866-707-3343 to make arrangements before visiting us.