Providing Service to People with Disabilities
Edge Imaging is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities.
Edge Imaging will ensure that our staff members are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. We charge no fees for our services.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Edge Imaging will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Training for Staff
Edge Imaging will provide training to all employees. This training will be provided to staff within the first month after being hired. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the requirements of the customer service standards.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Edge Imaging’s services
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to Edge Imaging’s policies and procedures.
All feedback will be directed to the Manager of Customer Service. Customers can expect to hear back in seven working days. Complaints will be addressed through regular complaint management procedures at Edge Imaging.
Modifications to this or Other Policies
Any policy of Edge Imaging that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
The Edge Imaging Accessibility Policy will be available on request.